Adobe Muse is a website builder that allows designers to create fixed , fluid , and adaptive websites without having to write any code .  General museums static sites giving users the freedom to host their sites with any hosting provider. Users can add more advanced features such as blogging and eCommerce to their website with plugins created by third-party developers. This application is available through Adobe’s Creative Cloud subscription .
Adobe Muse themes are created inside the Adobe Museum and shared as a .muse file. Themes do not require any configuration or setup to get running. Since Adobe Muse Generic Static HTML files, the files can be exported to the browser for testing without needing to connect to a server or webhost . Because of its static nature, however, it can not be applied to the content of a topic. Since themes are created inside Adobe Muse, you do not require knowledge of any code. Free starter designs are offered on Adobe Muse  . Themes can be viewed via a built in ‘Preview’ option that allows users to preview their website in the application. Users can also find their website in Business Catalyst for free as part of theCreative Cloudsubscription.
Adobe Muse widgets are written in an XML format called MuCow (Muse Configurable Widget Options).  Widgets are placed on a canvas and their content is embedded directly into the HTML of the site. Widgets have made it possible for Muse users to add blogs, eCommerce, animations, etc. to a Muse website.
When Muse was first created in May 2012, it was made to generate websites for 3 types of devices (Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile). Using viewports and redirects, a website would have a website that would have been specifically designed for their generic device type. In May 2012, fluid design was just beginning to be used mainstream. After years of requests, Muse was finally made to be fully responsive in its 2015.1 release.
|1||May 7, 2012||Initial release |
|2||August 20, 2012||Built-in contact forms, auto generated sitemaps , auto-generated navigation, faster loading times, and ability to attach files |
|3||December 11, 2012||Enhanced code quality, html5 animations, and mobile layout options |
|4||February 26, 2013||Spelling checker, export options, and quality code |
|5||June 17, 2013||In-browser editing, scroll effects, and layers panel |
|6||August 13, 2013||Parallax scrolling |
|7||November 13, 2013||Ability for developers to create 3rd-party widgets , social media widgets, and full-screen slideshows.  MuseWidgets.com  was created as the official source for Adobe Muse widgets.|
|2014||June 18, 2014||A complete software rebuild with 64-bit support, in-app preview, and HiDPI support |
|2014.1||August 13, 2014||Self-hosted web fonts, bullet and numbered lists, and reCaptcha integration |
|2014.2||October 6, 2014||SVG import, text synchronizing across desktop and mobile, secure FTP support, and find and replace |
|2014.3||February 11, 2015||Usability and performance improvements, show and hide frame edges, secure FTP auto-detection, and HiDPI support for Windows |
|2015||June 15, 2015||Adobe Stock Integration, Typekit Integration, and Contact Form Updates |
|2015.1||February 8, 2016||Free-form responsive web design, customizable starter designs, and integrated with Adobe Stock |
|2015.2||June 20, 2016||Better collaboration with libraries, collector’s asset, and improved Illustrator workflows |
|2017||November 4, 2016||Support for animations through CC Libraries, power zoom functionality, and support for Google reCAPTCHA version 2|
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse Release Notes” . Retrieved 2017-10-19 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse FAQs” . Retrieved 2016-08-30 .
- Jump up^ “Creative Cloud Plans” . Retrieved 2016-08-30 .
- Jump up^ “Muse Homepage” . Retrieved 2012-01-23 .
- Jump up^ “Tutorials” . Adobe Muse Widget Directory . Retrieved 2017-07-06 .
- Jump up^ “MuCow Documentation” . Retrieved 7 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 1” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 2” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 3” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 4” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 5” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 6” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse release 7” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “MuseWidgets” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2014” . Retrieved 2015-11-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2014.1” . Retrieved 2015-11-29 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2014.2” . Retrieved 2015-12-27 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2014.3” . Retrieved 2015-12-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2015” . Retrieved 2015-12-28 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2015.1” . Retrieved 2016-08-11 .
- Jump up^ “Adobe Muse 2015.2” . Retrieved 2016-08-11 .