Hugues Sweeney is head of French-language interactive media production at the National Film Board of Canada , based in Montreal.  Sweeney’s recent credits include My Tribe Is My Life , the online interactive animation work, Bla Bla ,  Red squares , an interactive work about the 2012 Quebec student protests ,  2013 Production A Journal of Insomnia , a webdoc about insomnia which was originally conceived by Sweeney in the summer of 2009, when he and his wife were sleeping in their daughter’s house. 
In 2012, he was president of the jury of the 18th edition of the Boomerang Competition, honoring the best advertising and interactive websites by Quebec companies. 
From 2000 to 2007, he headed Radio Canada ‘s Band of multi-platform project. He studied philosophy at the Dominican College of Philosophy and Theology in Ottawa and Multimedia at University of Quebec in Montreal . 
- Jump up^ Benzakein, Dan (4 October 2011). “4 questions to Hugues Sweeney, interactive producer at the NFB”. WebTelevision Observer (in French).
- Jump up^ Dixon, Guy (July 22, 2011). “Bla Bla: An Arcade Fire collaborator gets into baby talk” . Globe and Mail . Retrieved August 10, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Red squared: see the student conflict with an interactive eye” . Radio Canada (in French). June 30, 2012 . Retrieved 13 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ Adams, James (15 April 2013). “Wide awake? Here’s a movie that offers a virtual drop-in center for the sleep-deprived” . Globe and Mail . Retrieved 16 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ Gautier, Charlotte (24 August 2012). “Boomerang competition: Hugues Sweeney will chair the jury” . Infopresse . Retrieved 13 October 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Sweeney Hugues” . Artisans . National Film Board of Canada . Retrieved 13 October 2012 . [ permanent dead link ]