Jeffrey Zeldman is an entrepreneur, web designer , author, podcast and speaker on web design . He is the founder of A List Apart Magazine and the design studios Happy Cog and studio.zeldman, and the co-founder of A Book Apart and the design conference An Event Apart.  He also co-hosts The Big Web Show , a podcast about the web and online publishing. 
Zeldman has been blogging and published independently since 1995. In 1998, he began the e-zine A List Apart , which focuses on best practices and innovations in web design and front-end development. Zeldman used a list of accessible, search-engine-friendly sites. Since 2007, A List Apart has been conducting surveys of web designers, creating one of the first public pictures of the profession and is practicing in the US and worldwide.
Here are several articles that Zeldman has authored:
- If Ever I Should Leave You: Job Hunting For Web Designers and Developers 
- Publishing Versus Performance: Our Struggle for the Soul of the Web 
- You’re Welcome: Cutting the Mustard Then and Now 
- Interview with Jeffrey Zeldman: A Candid Look at the Life & Work of a Web Standards Pioneer 
Zeldman’s book Designing with Web Standards brought to a new international audience. It has been updated into languages and has been updated twice. The latest edition, Designing with Web Standards 3rd Edition , co-written with Ethan Marcotte, describing semantic markup, the separation of presentation of structure and behavior, the benefits of standards-based design, and covers topics including HTML5, CSS layout, working around Internet access, accessibility, adaptive and responsive design, horizontal and vertical, web design, developer and developer collaboration workflows, and more.
In 2010, Zeldman expanded his publishing empire beyond the creation of A Book Apart, publisher of “brief books for people who make websites.” These books are designed to be a quick read (as from New York to Chicago by Jet) and to thoroughly communicate advanced topics in web design with a strong point of view. For Web Designers by Jeremy Keith , CSS3 For Web Designers by Dan Cederholm, The Elements of Content Strategy by Erin Kissane, Web Design 2nd Edition by Ethan Marcotte, Aarron Walter, Designing for Emotion by Luke Wroblewski, Design Is a Job by Mike Monteiro, Content Strategy for Mobile by Karen McGrane, Just Enough Research by Sass For Web Designers by Erika HallDan Cederholm , On Web Typography by Jason Santa Maria, You’re My Favorite Client by Mike Monteiro, and Responsible Responsive Design by Scott Jehl.
In 1999, Zeldman founded Happy Cog, a web and interaction design studio specializing in user-and-content-focused design powered by web standards. In 2016, Zeldman’s business association with Happy Cog ended, and he launched an independent design consultancy called Studio Zeldman .
Web Design Conference
In 2005, Zeldman and Eric A. Meyer founded An Event Apart, “the design conference for people who make websites.” An Event is an “intensely educational two-day learning session for passionate practitioners of standards-based web design” followed by an optional day-long workshop on such topics as mobile web design, advanced accessible web design, HTML5, and CSS3. The conference is currently taking place in seven cities annually. Cities and speakers vary. Speakers, in addition to offering informative content, must have made major contributions to the web.
Zeldman and Happy Cog were early advocates of standards-based web design and many of their current and former employees have contributed to various initiatives on the web, including:
- The development of “real type on the web” via CSS and services including Typekit .
- Popularizing such ideas as CSS layout , responsive design , and style switching. The lath Was an early qui Innovation 2000 paved the way for later innovations Including third-party CSS Zen Garden and a website Known As Readability. 
- Taking Your Talent to the Web: Making the Transition from Graphic Design to Web Design ( ISBN 0-7357-1073-2 )
- Designing with Web Standards ( ISBN 0-321-61695-2 )
- Contributing Author, Professional CSS: Cascading Styling Sheets for Web Design Wrox; (July 29, 2005) ( ISBN 978-0764588334 )
- Forward, Adaptive Web Design: Crafting Rich Experiences with Progressive Easy Enhancement Readers, LLC (May 31, 2011)
by Aaron Gustafson ( ISBN 0-7357-1073-2 )
- Graphic Content: True Stories from Top Creatives Print (February 28, 2014) ( ISBN 978-1440333279 )
- Jump up^ “Author” . A List Apart . Retrieved 5 June 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Q & A: 2010 .net Magazine Awards” . Q & A: 2010 .net Magazine Awards . Retrieved November 2010 . Check date values in:( help )
- Jump up^ Zeldman, Jeffrey. “If Ever I Should Leave You: Job Hunting For Web Designers and Developers” . A List Apart . Retrieved 14 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ Zeldman, Jeffrey. “Versus Performance Publishing: Our Struggle for the Soul of the Web” . Medium . Retrieved 20 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ Zeldman, Jeffrey. “You’re Welcome: Cutting the Mustard Then and Now” . Zeldman . Retrieved 22 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ Rocheleau, Jake. Interview with Jeffrey Zeldman: A Candid Look at the Life & Work of a Web Standards Pioneer . Web Design Ledger . Retrieved 1 September 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Readability” .