Lea Verou ( Greek : Λία Βέρου ; born June 13, 1986) is a front end web developer , speaker and author , originally from Greece . Currently Verou is a Research Assistant at MIT CSAIL , in David Karger ‘s Haystack group and an Invited Expert in the W3C CSS Working Group . 
Vero has written a book on advanced CSS for O’Reilly,  worked for W3C / MIT ,  gave over 60 invited talks around the world,  released several open source projects, co-founded a Greek startup called Fresset Ltd. (which she left in 2011), among other projects.   She has written articles for some of the biggest media industry, including A List Apart and Smashing Magazine . 
Verou holds a BSc in Computer Science from Athens University of Economics and Business , in which she co-organized a 4th year undergraduate course on web development in the past. Her background includes both technical development and visual design.  
The most polyfills target out-of-date browsers, some exist to simply push modern browsers forward a little bit more. Polyfill is a polyfill, which enables the user to recognize the unprefixed versions of several CSS3 properties instead of requiring the developer to write to the vendor prefixes. It reads the page’s stylesheets and replaces any unprefixed properties with their prefixed counterparts. 
< link rel = "stylesheet" href = "/css/styles.css" > < script src = "/path/to/prefixfree.min.js" > </ script >
Prism is a lightweight, robust, elegant syntax highlighting library. It is a spin-off project from Dabblet. The project had 23,000 unique visitors on its first day. WebMonkey is a new post to it. It is used in a big list of websites like A List Apart and Smashing Magazine , Mozilla Developer Network , CSS Tricks, W3C Technical Reports, and Brendan Eich ‘s blog.  
Verou, Lea (June 2015). CSS Secrets (1st ed.). O’Reilly Media . p. 392. ISBN 978-1-4493-7263-7 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Lea Verou’s homepage” .
- Jump up^ “CSS Secrets” .
- Jump up^ Gilbertson, Scott (15 February 2013). “Interview: Lea Verou on Why Matter Web Standards and How You Can Help” . Wired magazine . Wired.
- Jump up^ “Speaking” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Smashing Magazine” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Lea Verou’s CV” .
- Jump up^ Verou, Lea (16 December 2011). “Introducing dabblet: An interactive CSS playground” .
- Jump up^ Verou, Michailia (March 2013). Dabblet (B.Sc. thesis). Athens University of Economics & Business.
- Jump up^ Help ✿ dabblet.com
- Jump up^ “Smashing Magazine – PrefixFree: Free Break From CSS Prefix Hell”.
- Jump up^ “Get Beautiful Syntax Highlighting For Your Website Code” .