Lynda Weinman Susan (born January 24, 1955) is an American business owner, computer instructor, and author, Who founded an online software training website, lynda.com , with her husband, Bruce Heavin.  Lynda.com Was Acquired by online business network LinkedIn in April 2015 for $ 1.5 trillion.
Weinman, with self-taught computer skills, worked in the film industry as a special effects animator, and became a faculty member at the Art Center College of Design , UCLA , American Film Institute , and San Francisco State University’s multimedia studies program teaching computer graphics, animation, interactive design, and motion graphics. She has also written some books.
Weinman graduated with a degree in humanities from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington .      
A year after graduating, Weinman opened two retail stores, Vertigo on Melrose and Vertigo on Sunset in Los Angeles. They closed in 1982.
Weinman worked for Dreamquest and as an independent contractor doing animation and special effects. She Worked On Several films, Including RoboCop 2 (1990)  Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure (1989),  and Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989).
Weinman attributes her initial interest in computers to her having been taught how to use an Apple II when a boyfriend brought it home. She acquired these skills by reading the manual.
Weinman taught digital media and motion graphics at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California from 1989 to 1996. Her book designing web graphics , published by New Riders in 1995, often is credited [ by whom? ] with being the first title to discuss web authoring technologies from a visual design perspective.
Weinman was co-founder, Bruce Heavin, of the Ojai Digital Arts Center in Ojai, California in 1999.    
The Lynda.com Online Training Library teaches computer skills in video format to members through monthly and annual subscription-based plans. The company was founded in Ojai, California and has since moved to Ventura and Carpinteria, California , where, as of 2013, it employs nearly 500 full-time staff members and more than 140 teachers who earn royalties from their shared revenue model.  The company was created in 1995 and was incorporated in 1997.
Lynda.com evolved from its original conception as a free web resource for Lynda’s students, to the site for her books on web design,  to the registration hub for physical classrooms and conferences,  to an online virtual knowledge library,  where today, members can watch software and technology races in several categories (3D and animation, audio, business, design, development, home computing, photography, video, and web and interactive design). The company also produces documents about creative professionals.
The company received $ 103 million in venture capital funding in January 2013, led by Accel Partners and Spectrum Equity .  On January 14, 2015, lynda.com announced it had raised $ 186 million in financing, led by investment group TPG Capital . 
The company has been established in the United States, English, French, Spanish, and English languages,  and Compiler, provider of an online editor and sandbox. 
On April 7, 2015, LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com in a deal worth $ 1.5 trillion. The sale was soon followed by a 10% cut in company staff. During the next half year, layoffs continued as Lynda.com departments were folded into LinkedIn. [ quote needed ]
Lynda.com and United Digital Artists Productions, Inc. (UAD) co-founded the Flashforward Conferences and the Flash Film Festival, which took place in 1999. The Flashforward Conference, the first event focused on Macromedia Flash , held in San Francisco, New York, London, and Amsterdam, serving more than 20,000 waited over six years. The Flash Film Festival presented more than 200 awards to Flash sites and applications, to winners from more than 30 countries. The last scheduled conference took place in August 2008. 
Weinman has authored or co-authored sixteen books as well as numerous magazine articles.
- Weinman, Lynda (January 1996). designing web graphics . New Riders Publishing. p. 258. ISBN 1-56205-532-1 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Heavin, Bruce; Karp, Ali (November 1996). coloring web graphics . New Riders Publishing. p. 295. ISBN 1-56205-669-7 .
- Weinman, Lynda (February 1997). designing web graphics.2 . New Riders Publishing. p. 447. ISBN 1-56205-715-4 .
- Weinman, Lynda (May 1997). preparing web graphics . New Riders Publishing. p. 238. ISBN 1-56205-686-7 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Heavin, Bruce; Karp, Ali (September 1997). coloring web graphics.2 . New Riders Publishing. p. 314. ISBN 1-56205-818-5 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Weinman, William (January 1998). creative html design . New Riders Publishing. p. 434. ISBN 1-56205-704-9 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Warren Lentz, Jon (May 1998). deconstructing web graphics . New Riders Publishing. p. 229. ISBN 1-56205-859-2 .
- Weinman, Lynda (March 1999). designing web graphics.3 . New Riders Publishing. p. 480. ISBN 1-56205-949-1 .
- Weinman, Lynda (March 2000). Photoshop 5.5 and ImageReady 2.0 Hands-On Training . Peachpit Press. p. 512. ISBN 0-201-35467-5 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Weinman, William (April 2001). creative html design.2 . Waite Group Press. p. 544. ISBN 0-7357-0972-6 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Kabili, Jan (October 2001). Photoshop 6 / ImageReady 3 Hands-On Training . Pearson Education. p. 672. ISBN 0-201-72796-X .
- Weinman, Lynda; Newman, Craig (July 2002). After Effects 5.0 / 5.5 Hands-On Training . Peachpit Press. p. 648. ISBN 0-201-75469-X .
- Weinman, Lynda; Kabili, Jan (December 2002). Photoshop 7 / ImageReady For the Web Hands-On Training . Peachpit Press. p. 616. ISBN 0-321-11276-8 .
- Weinman, Lynda (January 2003). designing web graphics.4 . New Riders Publishing. p. 552. ISBN 0-7357-1079-1 .
- Weinman, Lynda (December 2003). Adobe After Effects 6 Hands-On Training . Peachpit Press. p. 672. ISBN 0-321-22854-5 .
- Weinman, Lynda; Fahs, Chad (August 2006). Adobe After Effects 7 Hands-On Training . Peachpit Press; Bk & CD-Rom edition. p. 528. ISBN 0-321-39775-4 .
- Web; Better Web Graphics with Transparency. Macworld, October 1998
- A Web graphics primer. Macworld, May 1998
- Tile your site: use tiles to create a layered look on your Web pages. Macworld, May 1998
- Preparing Web graphics. Macworld, August 1996
- Lynda Weinman on What’s Next for Flash in 2006. PeachPit, January 6, 2006. 
- Web Design Tips: Making Site Comps and Prototypes. CreativePro.com, August 13, 2003. 
- Art Center College of Design Great Teacher Award, 1997
- San Francisco Women on the Web Top 25 Women, 1999
- GirlGeeks Golden Horn-Rims Award recipient, 2000,  
- First Hollywood Film Festival’s CyberAwards Discovery Nominee, 10.14.1997. 
- Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2010 Regional Awards. 
- Entrepreneur of the Year, South Coast Business and Technology Awards 
- 2011 Women of Achievement Award, Association for Women in Communications , Santa Barbara chapter (AWC-SB) 
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival 
- Lotusland 
- AIGA National Board Member, 2009- 
- Miller Freeman Web Design & Development Conferences
- “New Media Magazine”
- The Evergreen State College Foundation Board of Governors & Trustees, 2004- 
Weinman is the namesake and benefactor for the ‘Lynda Lab’,  the Experimental Effects Lab in the Center for Creative and Applied Media (CCAM) and his alma mater, The Evergreen State College. The foundation has a pledge from Weinman and husband, Bruce Heavin, to establish an endowment supporting equipment in the CCAM. Weinman and Heavin also contributed to the scholarship at the Art Center College of Design, as well as an ongoing endowment for additional scholarships.
- Jump up^  ArchivedDecember 24, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Wired To Teach | The Evergreen State College” . Evergreen.edu . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 13, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Evergreen” (PDF) . Evergreen.edu . 2008 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedJuly 12, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedMay 28, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedJune 10, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedFebruary 15, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  ArchivedApril 12, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Graphic Greats: Production Graphics with Wendy Peck at webreference.com | 43” . WebReference.com . 2000-03-22 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Leo (October 27, 1998). “Founder of Ojai Web Design Fills Technological Need Center” . Los Angeles Times .
- Jump up^ Murphy, Barbara (August 11, 1998). “Open Center for Digital Arts in Ojai” . Los Angeles Times .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ Swisher, Kara (2013-02-18). “Lynda Weinman of Lynda.com Talks About Future of Online Learning (Video)” . Allthingsd.com . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Lynda’s Homegurrlpage” . Web.archive.org . 1996-11-09. Archived from the original on 1996-11-09 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “digital design training” . Web.archive.org . 2000-03-01. Archived fromthe original on March 1, 2000 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “lynda.com – web design training, books, CD-ROMs and tips” . Web.archive.org . 2002-07-21. Archived from the original on 2002-07-21. Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ Ari Levy (January 16, 2013). “Lynda.com Lands $ 103 Million in Biggest Education Financing” . Bloomberg Tech Deals . Retrieved September 1,2013 .
- Jump up^ Singer, Natasha (2015-01-14). “Investors Put $ 186 Million Into Lynda.com, an Online Tutorial Service” . The New York Times.
- Jump up^ Heussner, Ki Mae (2013-02-13). “Flush with cash, lynda.com buys European online learning site video2brain” . Gigaom .
- Jump up^ Lunden, Ingrid (2014-04-07). “E-Learning Platform Lynda.com Buys Compilr To Add In-Browser Coding Tools, Price Around $ 20M – TechCrunch” . TechCrunch .
- Jump up^ “Flashforward home” . Train conference web site . Archived from the original on November 8, 2008 . Retrieved September 1, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Weinman, Lynda (2006-01-06). “Lynda Weinman on What’s Next for Flash in 2006 | Lynda Weinman’s Flash Predictions for 2006” . Peachpit.com . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^  ArchivedNovember 5, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Women Who Inspires Us, Lynda Weinman” . Girlgeeks.org . 2000-11-13 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Girl Geeks Want to Be Heard” . Wired . November 7, 2000.
- Jump up^  ArchivedNovember 24, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^  Archived onJune 4, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “Pacific Coast Business Times :: Proudly Serving San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties” . Pacbiztimes.com . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Women of Achievement” . AWC SB. 2011-06-03 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Santa Barbara International Film Festival;” . Sbiff.org . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Ganna Walska Lotusland” . Lotusland.org . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “Bios of national board members” . AIGA.org . 2015-12-04 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .
- Jump up^  Archived onJune 10, 2010, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ “SPECIAL MEET OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTS OF THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE” (PDF) . Evergreen.edu . March 2010 . Retrieved 2015-12-24 .