NGP VAN is a privately owned American company specializing in helping progressive campaigns and organizations leverage technology to meet their goals.  In 2009, the company was the largest supporter of campaign compliance software, most democratic members of Congress.  The company’s services-have-been Utilized by customers Such As the Obama 2008 presidential campaign , the Obama 2012 presidential campaign  , the Bernie Sanders 2016 presidential campaign , the Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign , the British Liberal Democrats  , and theLiberal Party of Canada . Its current president and CEO, Stuart Trevelyan , was a veteran of the 1992 Clinton-Gore War Room , providing research, analysis, and whip counts to the Clinton Administration as a member of the White House Office of Legislative Affairs . 
The Wall Street Journal wrote in 2014 “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” 
NGP VAN was founded in November 2010 by NGP Software , founded in 1997 by Nathaniel Pearlman , who will be the next president and chief technology officer for Hillary Clinton’s2008 presidential campaign,  in his attic in Washington , DC, and Voter Activation Network , founded in 2001 by Mark Sullivan, in his Cambridge, Massachusetts study . 
In October 2014, NGP VAN launched their nonprofit arm, EveryAction. 
MiniVAN is a mobile canvassing application that allows for campaigns and organizations to contact voters or supporters, collect data, and sync the information back to their VAN or EveryAction database in real time, thus eliminating the need for paper lists and data entry.  During the 2016 election cycle, MiniVAN was used by thousands of Democratic Campaigners and progressive advocacy groups to contact tens of millions of voters.  
VoteBuilder is one of the software systems created by NGP VAN. It is used by the Democratic Party and associated campaigns with potential voters . Votebuilder is used as a persuasion and ” get out the vote ” operations. The introduction of such software has been called a revolution in campaigning  as it allows for every detail to be stored, including “every door knock and phone call.”  The software was created in 2006 to bridge the microtargeting gap between the Republican and Democratic parties. On Wednesday December 16, 2015, NGP VAN released a code update to their Votebuilder application that contained a bug that allowed two campaigns to see proprietary analytical scores.   After the bug was fixed, It was Revealed que le national director of the data Bernie Sanders for President Josh Uretsky, HAD beens scores Accessing file Managed by the Clinton campaign.   On late Thursday, December 17 the DNC re-enacted the Sanders campaign to access the national vote .The Sanders campaign sued the DNC in District Court and concurrently they fired Uretsky. On December 19, the Sanders campaign was restored.   
NGP is a software platform for digital engagement, fundraising and compliance reporting . .  In August 2017, the company released NGP 8, billed as “the new gold standard in Democratic fundraising & compliance.”  
Innovation Platform is a series of APIs and integrations That Was rolled out in 2014. The Wall Street Journal wrote , “NGP VAN, the technology firm at the heart of the Democrats vast data infrastructure annoncé Wednesday night That it will allow outside software developers and other engineers to write programs for Directly ict platforms. ”   NGP VAN HAS icts tools integrated with Hundreds of third party apps to Provide campaigns organisms and the Ability to run” multi-channel “Contact vote campaigns. Several notable integrations include services providing services, online messaging tools, live calls, and do-it-yourself direct mail. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “NGP VAN – Washington, DC” . The Inc.5000 .
- Jump up^ “About Us – NGP VAN” .
- Jump up^ Becca Milfeld and Anne Marson (September 15, 2009). “Suite Talk” . POLITICO.com .
- Jump up^ “Where does Obama’s Money Go?” . iHartPolitics.com .
- Jump up^ Mark Pack; Author, 101 Ways To Win An Election – Connect
- Jump up^ “Stuart Trevelyan” . Bloomberg.com .
- Jump up^ Washington Wire-Democrats Take Lesson From Apple’s PlaybookBy Patrick O’Connor; The Wall Street Journal; Aug 21, 2014 9:43 am ET
- Jump up^ “LinkedIn: Nathaniel Pearlman” .
- Jump up^ “VAN: Personal Democracy Forum” . July 5, 2010.
- Jump up^ EveryAction.com – about
- Jump up^ MiniVAN Compute App On The Campaign Trail – Provides Names App, Gender, Addresses Of Registered Votersby Graham Hakala forKQDS-TV; March 2, 2016
- Jump up^ Technology Helps Campaigns Talk More Efficiently To VotersBy Jude Joffe-Block, Mark Brodie for KJZZ-FM Thursday, October 20, 2016 – 2:16 pm
- Jump up^ How Mobile Canvassing Upgraded Campaigns in 2016from NGPVAN-Blog by Kyle Tharp; November 21, 2016
- Jump up^ A Revolution in Canvassing Among Voters. New York Times, 2011-11-19,https://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/us/a-revolution-in-canvassing-among-voters.html?_r=0
- Jump up^ Stung in 2008, Hillary Clinton builds a great team in Iowa. New York Times, 2015-07-26,https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/us/politics/stung-in-2008-hillary-clinton-builds-a-formidable-team-in- iowa.html
- Jump up^ Democrats Take Page From Their Rival’s Playbook. New York Times, 2008-10-31,https://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/01/us/politics/01target.html
- Jump up^ Here’s what happened with NGP VAN, the Sanders Campaign, and the Clinton Campaign; And here are the steps we are Taking to address the problemby Amy Dacey DNC CEO; Medium.com Dec 19, 2015
- Jump up^ What’s Really Happened With the DNC’s “Datagate”? – The final explanation of the Democratic National Committee’s “Datagate” scandal and what the mainstream media got wrong. by Björn Westergard forJacobinMag.com; 24 Dece, ner 2015
- Jump up^ “Fired Sanders campaign staffer speaks out” . MSNBC .
- Jump up^ NGP Corporate VAN Blog. “Data Security and Privacy” .
- Jump up^ Amy Dacey. “Here’s what happened with NGP VAN, the Sanders Campaign, and the Clinton Campaign” . Medium .
- Jump up^ Taylor, Jessica (19 December 2015). “DNC Restores Sanders Campaign to Access Files After Data Breach: NPR” . NPR . Retrieved 19 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ Wagner, John (19 December 2015). “Agreement reached after Sanders on the DNC .
- Jump up^ Steal the Bern – A brief campaign glitzy software to the DNC said was improper access to records by Bernie Sanders’ campaign. by Kim LaCapria; Snopes April 30, 2016
- Jump up^ Talk Suite, Sept. 15, 2009 Politico By Anne Marson and Becca Milfeld; 09/15/2009 05:04 AM EDT
- Jump up^ “NGP VAN Unveils New Iteration Of Software Ahead of Midterm Cycle”. Retrieved 2017-08-28 .
- Jump up^ VAN, NGP. “NGP 8” . act.ngpvan.com . Retrieved 2017-08-28 .
- Jump up^ Democrats Take Lesson From Apple’s Playbook; By Patrick O’Connor forThe Wall Street Journal; Aug 21, 2014
- Jump up^ Democrats’ Data Platform Opens Access to Smaller Campaigns- NGP VAN Now Connects to Many Tech PartnersBy Kate Kaye forAdAge; Published on July 13, 2016
- Jump up^ Vote Targeted Digital Ads Now at Fingertips of Thousands of Democratic Campaignsby DSPolitical; September 15, 2016
- Jump up^ SpeakEasy Political Announces Partnership with NGP VANby Speakeasy Political; February 23, 2016