Steve Huffman (born November 12, 1983) is an American web developer and co- founder and current CEO of Reddit .   More recently, he also participated in co-founding the airfare search-engine Hipmunk website .  
Huffman is a graduate of Wakefield School in The Plains, Virginia . He attended the University of Virginia , where he majored in Computer Science.  After graduating, Huffman teamed up with classmate Alexis Ohanian to start Reddit , which was funded by Y Combinator ,  in 2005. Reddit was acquired by Conde Nast in 2006. 
In 2010, Huffman teamed up with Adam Goldstein to create Hipmunk , with funding also from Y Combinator.   In 2011, Huffman was named to Inc. magazine’s 30 under 30 list.  Huffman is the instructor for “CS253: Web Development”, an e-learning course that began on April 2012 offered by Udacity . 
In 2014 Huffman said that it was a mistake, and that the site’s growth had exceeded expectations.  On July 10, 2015, after Ellen Pao’s resignation, Huffman was appointed CEO of Reddit. 
Shortly after being appointed CEO of Reddit in 2015, Huffman said that some controversial communities should not be reddit, writing that “neither Alexis nor I created reddit to be a bastion of free speech, but rather a place open and honest discussion can happen. ”  Huffman later stated that “the concept is important to us.” This interview with Alexis Ohanian has been described as “bastion of free speech.”   Huffman later created new policies that would require users to opt into some content, and blocking material that encourages “  
Steve Huffman is a survivalist . 
- Jump up^ Huffman, Steve (1 November 2017). “Time for my quarterly inquisition, Reddit CEO here, AMA” . reddit.com . / r / announcements: Reddit. Archived from the original on 2 November 2017 . Retrieved 22 November2017 .
- Jump up^ “Three Years After Their Acquisition, Reddit Founders Move On” . Techcrunch. 2009-10-27.
- ^ Jump up to:Issac a b , Mike (July 10, 2015). “Ellen Pao Is Stepping Down as Reddit’s Chief” . New York Times . Retrieved July 10, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “About Hipmunk” . Hipmunk. 2010-08-01.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Rao Leena (2010-08-01). “Reddit Co-Founder Dips Back Into Y Combinator With Travel Startup Hipmunk” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Zak Richards. “Unleashing High-Profile, High-Profit Websites” .
- Jump up^ “Conde Nast / Wired Acquires Reddit” . 2006-10-31.
- Jump up^ “Adam Goldstein and Steve Huffman, Founders of Hipmunk” . Inc.com. 2011-06-27.
- Jump up^ “Udacity CS253 Web Application Engineering” . 2012-04-01.
- Jump up^ Matthew Hall (10 Dec 2014). ” ‘ Atrocious, mobile sucks’: Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman on what site has become” . The Age .
- Jump up^ “New CEO: Some People on Reddit ‘Should not Be Here at All ‘ ” . Re / Code . 14 Jul 2015.
- Jump up^ “Reddit Co-Founder Alexis Ohanian Rosy’s Outlook On The Future of Politics” .
- Jump up^ “Reddit CEO: This site is not a bastion of free speech ‘ ” .
- Jump up^ “Let’s talk.” AMA .: announcements . reddit .
- Jump up^ “Reddit CEO Steve Huffman Is Cracking Down On Hateful Content” . Fast Company .
- Jump up^ Trisha Thadani, USA TODAY (16 July 2015). “Reddit CEO to discuss site values, policies in AMA today” . USA TODAY .
- Jump up^ Osnos, Evan (30 January 2017). “Doomsday Prep for the Super-Rich”. The New Yorker . Retrieved 23 January 2017 .