User Experience Professionals Association ( UXPA ) International , formerly the Usability Professionals Association ( UPA ), is a professional association for people interested in user experience (UX). UXPA International supports people who research , design , and evaluate the UX of products and services .
Founded in 1991, the original 50-member group has grown to serve a community that includes nearly 2,400 members worldwide by promoting UX concepts and techniques through its annual international conference , publishing new UX findings through the Journal of Usability Studies ( JUS ) and User Experience Magazine , and its local 59 chapters in 30 countries around the world.
In 2004, UXPA International established World Usability Day , which in 2011 was celebrated in 44 countries. In 2012, the organization announced a name change of the UPA (Professional Profit Association) to UXPA International.
According to the UXPA International website , organizational goals include:
- Provide an international network through which design professionals can share information about the techniques and methodologies in the profession.
- Create inclusive community year For Those interested in UX design, whether as a primary focus or related discipline.
- New product development processes for the use of the customer case by the UX in product development to the customers, the public and government agencies.
- Increase the body of knowledge about UX and user-centered design through professional education, meetings, conferences, and other related resources.
- 2018 : June 26-28, Rio Mar, Puerto Rico, USA
- 2017 : June 6-8, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2016 : May 31 – June 3, Seattle, Washington, USA
- 2015 : Simplicity, June 22-25, Coronado, California, USA
- 2014 : Motivation, July 21-24, London, UK
- 2013 : Collaboration, July 9-12, Washington, DC, USA
- 2012: Leadership, June 4-8, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 2011: Designing for Social Change, June 20-24, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 2010: Embracing Cultural Diversity: User Experience Design for the World, May 24-28, Munich, Germany
- 2009: Bringing Usability to Life, June 8-12, Portland, Oregon, USA
- 2008: The Many Faces of User Experience, June 16-20, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- 2007: Patterns: Blueprints for Usability, June 11-15, Austin, Texas, USA
- 2006: Usability Through Storytelling, June 12-16, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2005: Bridging Cultures, June 27 – July 1, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- 2004: Connecting Communities, June 7-11, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- 2003: Ubiquitous Usability, June 23-27, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- 2002: Humanizing Design, July 8-12, Orlando, Florida, USA
- 2001: Usability – A Winning Experience, June 25-29, Lake Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- 2000: August 14-18, Asheville, North Carolina, USA
- 1999: June 29 – July 2, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- 1998: June 22-26, Washington, DC, USA
- 1997: August 13-15, Monterey, California, USA
- 1996: Portland, Maine, USA
- 1995: Copper Mountain, Colorado, USA
- 1994: Santa Clara, California, USA
- 1993: July 21-23, Redmond, Washington, USA
- 1992: Orem, Utah, USA
UXPA International publishes a magazine, a peer-reviewed journal, and a newsletter:
- User Experience Magazine (quarterly, online)
- Journal of Usability Studies (quarterly, online)
- UXPA Newsletter (monthly, email)