Web interoperability is producing web pages viewable with standard compatible web browsers , various operating systems such as Windows , Macintosh and Linux , and devices such as personal computers (PCs), PDAs , mobile phones and tablets based on the latest web standards .
The term was originated by the Web Interoperability Pledge,  which is a promise to adhere to current HTML recommendations as promulgated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The WIP was not a W3C initiative. but it was started by ZDNet AnchorDesk
This outcome Was Known cross by browsing in browser war entre Internet Explorer and Netscape . Windows Internet Explorer was the dominant browser after that, Mozilla Firefox , Mozilla Firefox , Opera and Safari have supported web standards. Because of backward compatibility of Internet Explorer, Many web-have supported non-standard HTML pages and tags DOM handling script yet as well technical platform-dependent Such As ActiveX . These are very harmful for Web accessibility and device independence .
- Structural and semantic markup with XHTML
- CSS-based layout with layout elements such as position and float.
- Separating among structure, presentation and behavior in web pages.
- DOM scripting based on W3C DOM Standard and ECMAScript .
It has-been various activities, for example Web Standards Project , Mozilla’s Technology Evangelism  and Web Standards Group.  Also, there is a Web Essential Conference. 
- Web accessibility
- Computer accessibility
- Device Independence
- Multimodal interaction
- Forward compatibility
- Backward compatibility
- graceful degradation
- Jump up^ “WIP – Web Interoperability Pledge” . Retrieved 12 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Mobile / Evangelism – MozillaWiki” . Retrieved 12 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Web Standards Group (WSG)” . Retrieved 12 August 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Web Essentials – Grundlagen und Bereiche der Webentwicklung auf we05.com” . Retrieved 12 August 2016 .