Webdesign is a cloud-based web design platform that allows designers to create advanced HTML5 , responsive websites with a built-in CMS, without writing code. Webydo works with the WYSIWYG principle. This platform uses Adobe Photoshop or InDesign ,  but with the ability to design directly in the browser. Designers can drag and drop their design elements on canvas, and Webydo’s cloud software cross-browser and cross-platform W3C validated HTML code as a built-in CMS for dynamic updates changed by the website owner.
Webdesign is a cloud-based software service , providing two integrated work environments that can be used directly in the browser:
- A DMS (design management system) professional online software for creating and designing advanced HTML websites.
- CMS ( content management system ) for content updates by the website owner. 
Webydo’s DMS has a WYSIWYG design interface that allows designers to drag and drop into the online canvas design elements such as images, texts, videos, flash, galleries, menus, custom designed forms, widgets, or custom HTML code.   In July 2013, Webydo’s partnership with Ecwid added a built-in e-commerce functionality.  Designers can start their customers’ sites from scratch on a blank canvas, choose a layout or from pre-made designs (in which each element can be modified later). 
When the designer publishes their website, the web code is automatically generated by the HTML code, which is updated to the standard W3C , cross-browser and cross-platform compatible, optimized for search engines and comes with a built-in content management system (CMS) and SEO management tools.  Furthermore, the CMS permits further updating, deleting and creating the website.    Designers can also lock specific design elements, preventing unwanted changes made by their CMS customers and preserving full artistic control. 
Webdes also publishes websites and provides automatic backups and data protection. The partnership between the Web and the Cloud gives access to the latter’s content delivery network , and the subsequent replication in the network. 
Webydo is a B2B website builder primarily for professional designers who want to create advanced custom-made websites for their customers including a CMS, without writing code. Webydo provides a professional platform unlike do-it-yourself B2C website builders that target a-professional users and offers simple pre-designed templates. Webydo’s cloud system offers professional design tools that enable designers and developers to depend on their direct communication with their customers.  
Webdesign provides a set of tools designed to help designers build an independent web design business, with a dashboard that permits handling multiple websites. 
Webydo’s software was developed initially by Shmulik Grizim and Tzvika Steinmetz . This project has identified specific problems in the web designing process, namely the repetitive development of handwritten code amounting to about 70% of website creation budgets and the communication gap between designers and their customers. They thought of a tool which would allow the automatic generation of HTML code for an Adobe Photoshop-like graphic design and which would also make possible the direct involvement of the customer in the website. Subsequently, they are enrolling a team of mathematicians and developers to create the necessary algorithms for this software.   
The new platform was quickly successful and with the potential to be used by web designers worldwide. A new company for this product with investment from Adnan Raya. After Google’s Webydo’s technology to provide web solutions for businesses in Israel, some 35,000 websites were quickly created. Microsoft Israel also has the most important business in the world by selecting one of the 20 most innovative companies in 2012. 
Webydo is a provides the technology as a community-lead platform and employs the concept of radical democracy in its development process. Customers can set up the goals or the system development and vote on the features they think should be developed next.   
The main feature is in the webdesign of the webdesign generator in the web design process, an achievement described as a “web design revolution”.      Other commented on the rich, intuitive and easy-to-use web design software providing the web design process   [ 20] and the good hosting infrastructure.  
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Richard Behar (2012-09-20). “An Israeli Special Forces Commando, An Arab Investor, A Religious Zionist – And A Hot Start-Up Called Webydo” . Forbes.com . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Hannah Gal (2013-10-11). “The Making of a Web Design Revolution: In Conversation With Webydo CEO Shmulik Grizim” . Huffington Post . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo: WYSIWYG Web Design For The Pros” . AppStorm. 2013-04-15 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Webydo: Build your Dream Website” . The Design Work. 2013-07-15 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Allison Howen (2013-07-28). “Webydo Designers Get Ecwid Capabilities” . Website Magazine . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo: If You Can Dream It You Can Do It” . 2013-06-27 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Natasha Lomas (2013-04-30). “Webydo Makes It Easier For Designers To Build Websites By Creating The Code For Them” . TechCrunch . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo – A Web Designer’s True Dream Come” . The Design Work. 2013-06-10 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Ken Yeung (2013-04-29). “Already powering 50k sites, Webydo launches its ‘code-free’ website making service in beta” . The Next Web. Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “How to: Build Your Webydo Fast Portfolio” . CMS Critic. 2013-06-19 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Google (2014-12-10). “Webydo moves to cloud scalable with Google Cloud Platform” . Google Cloud Platform . Retrieved 2014-12-10 .
- Jump up^ “Create Beautiful Websites with Webydo” . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo is revolutionizing professional website design” . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Interview with Shmulik Grizim, Co-Founder of Webydo” . Webappers.com. 2013-08-05 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo: New Fabulous Way to Create and Manage a Website” . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Nick Cobb (2012-10-01). “Coding Not Required – Revolutionizing Professional Web Design with Webydo” . Small business Yahoo . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “With Increase in E-commerce Web Design, Webydo Rises to Meet Demand” . 2012-05-10 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Cliff Boodoosingh (2012-07-25). “Thanks To Israeli Startup Webydo, Great Designers Do not Need To Know Code” . TopHosts.com . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ Kate Russell (2012-09-20). “Webscape: Business cards get smarter”. BBC . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Webydo: Create a Beautiful Website Without Writing Single Code!” . 2012-04-22 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .
- Jump up^ “Have You Tried Webydo’s Free Website Creator?” . 2012-09-26 . Retrieved 2013-10-20 .